How to use the 48 MP camera on your iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max
The new generation of the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max arrived to set the new course for the brand. In addition to the Dynamic Island, another of the important changes that we saw in this new generation was the inclusion of a 48 MP camera. For several generations, Apple was repeating the same pattern of using only 12 MP in its main sensors. Fortunately, this has changed, and here we have a guide for you to take advantage of it.
Although the new iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max models have a 48 MP sensor in their main camera, this is not activated by default. Thus, Apple transforms those 48 MP into its classic 12 MP, and although they obtain a loss in fidelitythey can turn it into brighter images.
However, if what you want is to have the most detailed images of your group of friends, there is a way. with this guide you can take advantage of each of the 48 MP to take photos in all the quality that this iPhone 14 Pro allows.
How to activate the 48 MP on your iPhone 14 Pro
As we already told you, the sensor of your iPhone 14 Pro will not capture images in 48 MP unless you activate this option in Settings. Although it seems a somewhat strange decision, the truth is that it makes sense. After all, 48 MP images take a huge toll on storageso for users who just want to capture small moments, it's really not worth the drain on your memory.
But if you have plans to take your photography further, then it's time for you to activate this function and start capturing at 48 MP. To do so, do the following:
- Enter the menu Settings of your iPhone.
- Here, scroll to the bottom, where you will find the menu Camera.
- Within this menu, look for the section Formats.
- Activate the function Apple Pro Raw. Then choose the resolution of ProRaw in 48MP.
Everything is ready here. Now, the next step is to enter the chamber itself.
How to take photos in 48 MP from your iPhone
It's time to enter the Camera application. It will be there where you will find the rest of the options that will allow you to capture in a higher resolution.
- open the app Camera of your iPhone 14 Pro.
- Look for the ProRaw icon. You will recognize it by being an ellipse with the word "rawinside. Activate it by tapping on it.
- Now, make sure you're on 1x, since only at this level of increase will you be able to take advantage of the possibilities of 48 MP. Likewise, you will need favorable lighting conditions, and with the flash and night mode deactivated. If any of these conditions are not met, the photo will be saved in 12 MP.
If you have followed all the steps above, you can now take photos in 48 MP from your iPhone 14 Pro. Please note that each photo at this resolution is approximately 75 MB in size. That is, more than 10 times the weight of an image in 12 MP.
So, if you have an iPhone with 128 GB of internal storage, remember to disable this feature when you stop testing it. This way you can avoid taking photos in the future that may fill up your storage too quickly.