How to go back to iOS 15 if you have installed the iOS 16 beta
Yesterday Apple launched, now officially, the first beta for developers of iOS 16, which comes with many new features. In fact, we already showed you how you can install it on your iPhone. However, we know that a beta is a version that is still in the testing phase and will contain unwanted bugs. For this reason, if you no longer want to experience them, you can return to a stable version of iOS, and that is what we are here to show you today.
Bugs are pretty common in a beta, and iOS 16 is no exception. This guide is for any beta you have installed on your iPhone, and it is that Apple leaves us quite simple instructions so that we can return to a stable version of the operating system. With a few steps you will be done, and your mobile will be as safe and sound as before.
Of course, keep in mind that there are two methods. The first is the one that allows us to get out of an open beta. With this you will not need to delete anything from your iPhone. The second, however, is will allow you to exit a developer beta. If you have installed the iOS 16 beta, you can only have the developer version, and at the time of writing this publication, Apple still does not allow you to install the public version.
How to uninstall the public beta of iOS 16
If you have installed the public beta of iOS 16, the uninstall process is quite simple. Of course, it could take a few days or weeks, and you will have to wait until Apple releases a new stable and public version for all users.
- Enter the menu Settings of your iPhone.
- Go to the section General.
- tap on Device management and VPN.
- You'll see the iOS beta profile listed here. play it.
- Choose delete profileand then restart your iPhone.
Clever. You will be out of beta registration. However, your device will still have it until Apple releases a new version of the system that is not beta. To check when one is available, do the following.
- Enter to Settings.
- go to General.
- Here, go to Software update.
- If you skip any version, follow the steps to install it on your iPhone.
If you don't want to wait until Apple releases a new version, you can follow the steps that we will leave below. Of course, keep in mind that this requires you to restore your iPhone to the factory, so you will lose all the content that you have saved and is not in iCloud or in a backup.
How to remove an iOS developer beta
This process works if you have installed a developer beta version. As we mentioned before, the only version of iOS 16 available at this time is of this type; so if you have installed it you will have to follow these steps to return to normal. Also, this procedure also works if you have installed a public beta of any other version, but you don't want to wait until Apple releases a stable one.
The procedure It's a bit more complicated than the above.. However, if you follow the steps there is no way to get lost.
- Make sure you have the latest version of macOS, or if you have Windows, the latest version of iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using the cable. Afterwards, make it enter recovery mode. This is achieved in different ways depending on the model of your device (explained below).
- Once in recovery mode, tap on the option Restore when you see it on screen. When you have executed this option, your iPhone will start the process and download the most current version of iOS that exists to date. If your internet connection takes more than 15 minutes to download the update, the phone will exit recovery mode. In this case, don't worry, just log in again when the download is finished and continue with the process.
- When the restore is complete, you'll be prompted for your Apple ID credentials. Now, you can choose to restore your data stored in a backup, or start from scratch with your device.
How to enter recovery mode on iPhone
- iPhone 8 and newer. If your model falls into this category, quickly press and release the volume up button on your device, then do the same with the volume down button. Afterwards, press and hold the power button until the recovery mode appears on the screen.
- iPhone 7 and 7Plus. If you have one of these devices, press and hold the power button and the volume down button at the same time. Keep both buttons pressed even when the Apple logo appears on the screen. When you enter recovery mode you can drop them.
- iPhone 6s and earlier. Press the Home button and the Power button at the same time and keep them that way. Do not let go of them when the Apple logo appears on the screen. When you enter recovery mode you can drop them.