Sharing an iPhone may not be a common practice. However, some people need to allow a third party access to their devices. Whether it's for accessibility reasons on your iPhone, or because you have a familiar iPad Pro at home, adding an additional Face ID face is possible and easy to do.
To get started, you will need to have an iPhone or iPad Pro on a version higher than iOS 12. It was from this update that Apple allowed its users to add an additional face to Face ID. Now, you can even set it up to wear with a mask.
Yes ok it is not a function specifically created to add another face to Face ID, yes it meets the objective. However, you can also use it to add other types of equipment, such as those for security and facial protection, and that can make your iPhone not recognize you.
The process is quite simple and straightforward. You just have to follow the steps described belowand in a few minutes you will have everything configured to unlock your iPhone and iPad with an additional face.
How to add an additional face to Face ID on an iPhone or iPad Pro
- Enter the app Settings from your iPhone or iPad.
- Then scroll to the section Face ID and code.
- Type in your unlock pin to access settings. Once inside, scroll down the screen until you find Define an additional appearance.
- It will be in this option where you can add the additional face to Face ID. So get in front of the camera and proceed to follow the steps on the screen.
- When setup is done, your iPhone or iPad should now be able to unlock the system with this new face.
Can the extra face be removed from Face ID?
The answer is yes, but in the process you will have to remove your own as well. The reason for this is that Apple does not allow face-by-face deletion. Instead, you will have to completely reset the Face ID settings.
If you want to remove the additional face created within your iPhone or iPad, you can do it in the following way.
- In section Face ID and codelook for the option Reset FaceID.
- Play it once. Automatically, the Face ID settings will be completely reset.
- Now, proceed to configure it again with your face and that's it. You will have activated Face ID and it will only be able to recognize registered faces from this moment on.